Saturday 25 October 2008

Oprah Winfrey and Kindle

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Links on Tell Me a Story

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Ultimate endorsement for Kindle




For those authors like myself, who have taken a very tentative look at Amazon's Kindle e-reader and dithered over whether or not to go down that route, the push to action may just have been taken.
.
In a posting on her Web site, and on her show, Oprah Winfrey discloses that Kindle is her "favorite new gadget".

Wow! That sort of sets it in concrete, doesn't it. The future will definitely be bright for Kindle. It now has the ultimate endorsement.

I wish she'd do the same for Without Reproach!


1 comment:

The Daily Rant said...

I heard about that Oprah endorsement....could be big if it has the same effect as her book club books.

I just received the Kindle in September for my birthday. I am a truck driver and love to read, but having so many books in the truck is a problem since I don't have a lot of space. In the past, I've given away (often to strangers on the road) books that I've read just so I don't have to cart them home with me. Which then means I have to store them on a shelf or in my shed or something anyway....

I have just started reading my first book on the Kindle and although I'm enjoying the concept and format of it, I sort of miss tucking my bookmark in the book and seeing visually where I am. I can no longer say, "I'm half way done with the book." because I don't really know where I'm at on the Kindle's "pages".

I do think it definitely has some plusses and maybe a few minuses too - I'll know better once I start reading more on it.

Since every book out there is not available on the Kindle, I see myself probably buying just as many books a year as I already do - just different ones.

I'm hoping I fall in love with the Kindle like my friends over at Highway Hags (www.highwayhags.com) have. Otherwise, this will be a very expensive gift that I can't return!