Thursday 17 July 2008

Question - Should I double space.

Hi Anthony, I'm writing my first book, and I wonder something, should I double space?
I want my book to be about three hundred pages, and if I don't double space, then it's about eighty five pages, its lots of detail crammed onto a page and I'm thinking that might not be right for the first book I have ever written. I think maybe if I keep it double spaced then it will make it easier to read for some people, but I'm not sure. What would your advice be?

  • You should certainly always use double line space - (NOT double word space).
  • You should type (print) on one side of the paper only.
  • You should also leave at least 1" border on both sides, top and bottom.
  • All paragraphs should be indented EXCEPT the first one on each chapter or after a scene break (ie line of stars).
  • Your dialogue should also be on a new paragraph for each person - a thing new writers often forget - so you might find your page count beginning to expand a little by now.
  • For full submission details see my other post Submission Guidleines
  • Try http://www.writersandartists.co.uk/ for details of reputable publishers, agents and submission details.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writing Story Dialogue - 12 Cool Secrets

All About Write - 10 Top Writing Tips

Lens Coating - What Everybody Ought To Know

No comments: