This week I managed to persuade author, Trevor Dalton, to give an interview. He's a big lad, so I hope I get this right, I wouldn't want to end up in one of the horrible situations he dreams up for his novels.
Hi Trevor, to start off with, would you like to tell us how long you’ve been writing?
- Well Anthony, I started writing at 14 and my first book was ready for publication at age 21. It was a book of poetry called, "Blind visions of the Spectrum" It’s title is as pretentious as the poetry. I actually started writing novels in my 50's
So just how many books have you written so far?
- I've written two, "Possession Legacy." and "Open Tap.”
And just what was it that prompted you to write these particular books?
- Well, once I found my voice as a writer - it only took me forty odd years - the books just began to flow. I realised two basic truths. Write about where you know, and write about what you know; the rest as they say, takes care of itself.
Trevor, that couldn’t be more true. So your books, are they aimed mainly at men, women or children? Who ought to be searching them out.
- The books are aimed at any gender, but for late teens and above, they’re definitely not for children. Some of the contents is either borderline horror or a little raunchy for the younger market place.
And where are your books available from?
- My books are available from Amazon and most catalogues. If they don’t haveit in stock order it.
So, after all this, Is there any other work in the pipeline?
- Well, I guess I’m 63,000 words into the sequel to POSSESSION LEGACY, its called A DEEPER DARKNESS and picks up where POSSESSION LEGACY finished.
You sound as if you're well into it. Would you like to give us all an outline of your latest published book?
- I think the blurb says it best, Anthony, - “Where can the waste created by this technological age be disposed of. The by-products of our relentless advancement are often more detrimental than beneficial. The necessity for this "waste disposal" has given birth to a number of ruthlessly unscrupulous operatives. OPEN TAP traces the route taken by one such operative and the system he uses to dump the toxic concoctions he has collected.
An abandoned puppy is exposed over a period to this malevolent concoction. As the puppy grows to adulthood, it develops a strange immunity to the poison it ingests. This immunity comes with a price tag, however. From Wales, Walsall and Worcester the characters in OPEN TAP begin their journeys to a final appointment with the beast that the puppy has become. They are all destined to meet. Some will die; some will live, but all their lives will change because of this encounter.
Wow Trevor, it sounds fantastic. I hope everyone out there rushes to Amazon and orders it right now.
- Yep! Me too, all of you get out there and do it.
Good luck with your sales, then. Keep in touch and let me know how you go on.
next post on Tell Me a Story