Book promotion - agggh! I hate it. As far as I'm concerned, book promotion stinks. All I want to do is write - I really do NOT want to promote. If I wanted to be a sales person I'd have gone into marketing.
I'm on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Goodreads - you name it, I'm there trying to get my name and books in people's heads without being too much in their faces... If you know what I mean. I hate being pushy and am too shy to jump in where angels refuse to tread.
Other kind people are sometimes looking out on my behalf I'm happy to say. At any rate, I had this list handed to me by a kind on-line friend, and thought you might like to share it.
If you have anything to add, send it along, I'll slip it in - or start a new list if there are sufficient. Trying to promote yourself is damn hard work, and anything that helps, has to be worthwhile. Let's help each other!
- Blog on http://www.ecademy.com/module.php?mod=club&c=110
- Submit your site to http://www.dmoz.org/
- Submit your site to Google, MSN and Yahoo
- Join several online social networks
- Join several online communities or discussion groups
- Add comments to other peoples threads or blogs
- Submit a blog to your own site
- Use PPC advertising like Google Adwords
- Try Ebay
- Try http://www.elance.com/
- Advertise on http://www.gumtree.com/
- Advertise on http://www.craigslist.com/
- Start your own ezine
- Start your own web ring
- Start your own community
- Write your own e-book
- Start your own affiliate program
- Start your own reciprocal link exchange
- Register for online networking events
- Create a personal page on yahoo, aol or google
- Write articles for other people’s ezines
- Write articles for other people’s websites
- Submit your articles to article directories
- Submit your ezine to ezine directories
- Do ad swaps with your ezine and other ezine owners
If any of you find success, let me know and I'll post it - in fact tell me which bit worked best and I'll give it an extra whiz!