Links on Tell Me a Story
- How To Describe - Mastering Descriptive Writing
- To Write A Story - 20 Ways To Write A Story Better
- Story Characters - 7 Cool Ways To Jump-Start Your Writing
- I’d love you to meet my friend, Allie Boniface, a lovely lady. Allie is a teacher, aficionado of words, and as you’d probably expect because I’ve invited her on this site, an author...
Allie, how long have you been a writer?
Hi, Anthony, I suppose in one respect I have always been a writer. I would jot down poetry and short stories as early as elementary school, and though I dabbled in writing longer works in and after college, I trace my serious endeavours to become a writer to the tragedy of September 11th. After that, I realized that if I wanted to achieve my dream of publishing a book, I couldn’t put it off any longer. So I guess I would say I’ve been a writer pursuing publication for about 7 years.
- And how many books have you written?
I’ve published three (One Night in Boston, One Night in Memphis, and Lost in Paradise). I’ve written a fourth, Summer’s Song, which is currently with my editor, and am in the process of revising my fifth, One Night in Napa.
- That’s great, Allie. What sort of readers would you expect to be looking for your work, men, women or children?
My books fall somewhere between the genres of contemporary romance and women’s fiction. They feature love stories, and are set in the here and now, but they don’t really follow the romance formula that many readers expect.
- So, what prompted you to write your latest books?
Mostly, they explore human relationships and focus on strong women trying to figure out how they fit into the world. A recent review for One Night in Memphis commented, “From the first meeting to the last page, the reader savours each word, touch, and kiss. Ms. Boniface has a special voice, unique in the world of romance novels. She allows the hero and heroine to talk, become acquainted, and care for each other before sexual contact. It is a rare thing to feel delicious tension through simple dialogue and narration.”
That made me happy!
- Quite right too! It’s not often authors have a pat on the head. So where are your books available from, Allie? Where should readers turn to buy them?
My “One Night...” books were published with a small press, Samhain Publishing, and are available at any online bookstore (Borders, Barnes and Noble, Amazon) and also Samhain’s own online bookstore
- Finally, would you like to give us an idea of what your latest published book is about?
Sure! One Night in Memphis is the story of Ethan and Dakota, who meet in downtown Memphis after Dakota hops a plane to visit her best friend and Ethan ventures onto the social scene for the first time in almost a year. The entire story takes place over a single day and night (24 hours in 24 chapters) and involves Dakota’s crazy ex-boyfriend, a car chase, cool piano music, and Beale Street blues clubs. And love, of course! If you’d like to read an excerpt, you can visit my website
- Allie thanks so much! I wish you all the best. Allie Boniface will be appearing on October 24-25th: at New Jersey Romance Writers' Conference, Woodbridge NJ. Go along and give her some support.
- Next post, Marciano Bemelmans.
End of post on Tell Me a Story - An interview with author, Allie Boniface